National Grapefruit Month
February marks National Grapefruit Month! Grapefruit is not only a tasty snack to have throughout the day, but they also provide many health benefits. If you have been lacking grapefruit in your diet or don’t know their many benefits for you, our team at Evolv Wellness would love to show you!
There is a boatload of reasons why grapefruit has its month of celebration. They are packed in fiber and contain chemicals that help the body fight off different kinds of diseases. They also contain high amounts of water which helps in improving the complexion of your skin and keeping it hydrated.
Here some of the Health Benefits of Grapefruit we think you should be aware of as we enter this month of celebration!
Health Benefits of Grapefruit
- Fatigue reduction: Grapefruits contain a compound called nootkatone which gives them their flavor and aroma. Nootkatone is beneficial for the body because it increases our energy, endurance, and even progresses weight loss.
- Improves mood: Another compound found in grapefruit is called tryptophan. When tryptophan is in the body, it is converted to serotonin, which regulates sleep and mood among other things. Low serotonin levels have been linked to several disorders such as anxiety, multiple sclerosis, and eating disorders.
- Fever treatment: One of the most incredible Health Benefits of Grapefruit is that it is packed high with vitamin C. Grapefruit juice and water is a great way to reduce burning sensation and quench your thirst. Vitamin C plays a crucial role in boosting your immune system, which will help you recover from a fever quicker.
- Reduce appetite: Another big benefit of grapefruit is its appetite-suppressing properties. Many weight loss programs incorporate grapefruit because of their high fiber content. Eating grapefruit also releases a hormone called cholecystokinin, which assists the body in controlling appetite naturally.
- Skin improvements: Not only does vitamin C found in grapefruit benefit your immune system but skin as well. Vitamin C helps fight skin damage from the sun and stimulates the creation of collagen. Collagen is used by the body to hold tissue together, so a lack of collagen causes your skin to become more loose and saggy.
Celebrate National Grapefruit Month by incorporating grapefruit into your diet! If you are unsure how grapefruit can benefit your body or want to ask more questions about dieting or healthy eating, one of our team members will be happy to answer them for you.
Nutrition Class Miami
At Evolv Wellness, we believe in the Health Benefits of Grapefruit. If you are looking for a way to begin eating healthy and benefit your body, we would love to consult with you. Our team believes in a holistic approach to medicine that not only considers your physical body but your mind and spirit as well.
We have a variety of products and services that will be able to help you feel rested, healthy, and more relaxed than you have in months or years! Ask one of our team members how you can begin living your healthiest life now.
Learn more about the Health Benefits of Grapefruit from us yourself. Call us today at (305) 596-0858.